But here it goes, and here's why.
A lot has been happening lately. I got a new job at PG&E working in the Codes and Standards department. Not only are the people in this department amazingly brilliant, but they're all dedicated to making a positive difference in the world by reducing the energy used in New Construction, major remodels and appliances and electronics. In an ideal world our recommendations would be eagerly followed without fuss. As this isn't an ideal world (in this case anyway) we compensate by pushing up the bottom of the barrel in working with the state of California to make our recommendations into laws. I work on the appliances and electronics stuff (Title 20 to those of you in the know) and handle the communications, education and training. I love it.
My other big news is that I just moved into my new house. It's more of an apartment/condo than a house, but here's the kicker: I own it. That's right, I own my own house!!! It's incredible. It's a tiny little 510 square foot place in a hundred year old mansion with tons of character and charm. And while space is tight, it's just perfect for Myles and me. Plus, it has a beautiful curved (even the glass is curved) window overlooking the panhandle and is two blocks from Golden Gate Park. I'll post some pics as soon as I finish painting. And I've got a sofa bed, so those of you who are thinking of visiting please do!
Those two bits of news, added to the fact that several of my friends recently started blogs, convinced me I should follow suit in an effort to keep everyone updated. And I'll feel less guilty about being bad in the keeping in touch department. So to be very honest, this blog is somewhat self serving. But what isn't, right?
Well, that's my big start. Ta da! This may be the most fascinating blog ever or it may fall by the wayside. Probably somewhere in between, but you'll have to wait and see.
Love to all!
~Amy

1 comment:
AWESOME!!!!! :) me likey!!!
Post a Comment