There are three guys in my house right now, just as there have been all day. They're installing a recessed light, replastering part of my entryway ceiling, and fixing the useless/sealed door so that I can use it as my front door.
They don't really speak English, which is no big deal expect occasionally they attempt to chat with me and it becomes a little awkward. They're Asian (I'm guessing Vietnamese?), but one of them randomly speaks some Spanish. So we've been going back and forth in broken versions of that. It's pretty funny. And they love Myles. Or "Mies" as they call him. One of them calls him "beebee" (baby?) and tries to pick him up all the time. He's even tried to chase Myles down to pet and hold him. Myles ran so fast! The look he gets in response to his efforts is priceless. A dog's version of the stink eye that says "oh hells no you strange man calling me Mies". My brother gives similar looks when he forgets to monitor his facial expressions.
FYI there are now five guys standing in my entryway trying to figure out how to install my new doorknob and deadbolt. They can barely fit in the space. It's like blonds screwing in a lightbulb. I had to go upstairs to the empty apartment to pee earlier, because they had stuff in the way so I couldn't close my bathroom door. They also have my "new" front door off the hinges so I have a clear view of the front door of my building (that's made of primarily glass) from my toilet. Wouldn't that have been a surprise for a neighbor that came home when I was mid bathroom break!
Today is the last day the construction crew will be in our building. They are finishing up on the unit above me (yay!) so no more mid day pounding in the ceiling, and cleaning their stuff out. This also means my house will be clean without all the construction dust (double yay!). So between me finishing up and them finishing up it's going to be so nice and quiet and settled. I absolutely cannot wait.
Please RSVP to our wedding below…
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment